By Robert Rocco, PhD Cottone
Focuses seriously on modern ways and cross-professional applications
This ebook emphasizes "big photo" frameworks to conceptualize how significant theories of counseling and psychotherapy function and evaluate. This leading edge new textual content offers theories utilizing an "paradigm" framework: the organic-medical, mental, systemic/relational, and social constructivist paradigms. . Designed to be available and proper to perform, the e-book complements and reinforces studying with the inclusion of studying pursuits, bankruptcy summaries, purposes of every conception in perform, and short biographies of significant theorists.
The textual content strikes past conventional ways with elevated assurance of relationship-centered and post-modern theories similar to Dialectic habit treatment, Emotion targeted remedy, Solution-Focused short remedy, Narrative treatment, and others. each one thought is explored extensive by using a student-mentor discussion that examines and debates the demanding situations that come up with every one thought. The publication additionally addresses the counseling position in psychiatric case administration, reflecting the becoming fact of cross-professional collaboration. sensible but rigorous, the textual content is a cutting-edge advent to modern ways in counseling and psychotherapy for college students in counseling, social paintings, specialist psychology, marriage and kinfolk remedy, and similar professions.
- Key Features:
- Organized through a modern, "big-picture" framework—"paradigms."
- Delivers multiplied insurance of relationship-centered counseling theories
- Addresses modern ways extensive, together with postmodern theories and psychiatric case management
- Provides studying targets, concluding summaries, overview questions, and short bios of significant theorists
- Includes detailed mentor-student dialogues exploring every one concept and its program to practice